Now that Autumn is approaching, it’s time to know about the key trends of Autumn/Winter 2022 you should be wearing when the season rolls around and before they inevitably end up in your wardrobe!
So, to help you decide what to buy when the time comes, here at ERA Department stores we’ve distilled the most important key trends you should know about right now that express who you are and how you feel.
- Relaxed Legged Trousers: Tired of attempting to remove our skinnies with dignity after a night out, relaxed-legged jeans and trousers are increasingly appealing. When it comes to styling, invest in good fabric mix and key seasonal color with updated pleat details and shapes to avoid accusations of dressing up in your father’s closet.
- Cream is the bravest colour: You have to have a lot of gumption to copy what you see on the runway, but some trends require more courage than others. Case in point, the all-cream outfits in luxurious fabrics in the shades of white, ivory, ecru and bone were enough to consider them again as key color and combination for the AW22 season.
- The BOMBER is back: The bomber jacket, also known as a flight jacket, began life, like many other men’s garments — as utilitarian military wear. At its most basic, the style has a knit ribbed collar, cuffs, and waistband, and sits above the hip. The reason the jacket has become a clothing staple is its flattering silhouette that’s broad at the shoulders and narrower at the cropped, fitted waist.
- Sometimes, SMART is best: The suit may have been out of fashion, but fashion now has its
eye on the suit. The autumn/winter 2022 catwalks were full of tailoring, but not as we know it – these were suits with a sportswear twist, in loose, slouchy cuts, vibrant colours, and performance fabrics, with eye-catching detailing and a far from-formal attitude.
- Fur Trim: Fur trim took over the jackets of this season. From shearling-lined aviator coats to faux fur trim, the ’90s look is coming back in a modern way. Outerwear is a key for this season and new shapes and details are adding value in each style. Fur trip and fur details such as sherpa will be dominating the more ”stylish” pieces for AW22.